Is happiness a choice? It is according to Dr. Tylisha Johnson. Dr. Johnson is the Founder, CEO and Chief Strategist of Transcending Horizons Enterprises Business Strategy Agency. She utilizes her excellent competencies in education and diverse corporate, nonprofit, entrepreneurial, administrative, and supervisory and life experiences to help people “Soar Beyond the Limits” in business and life. Dr. Johnson’s A.I.M.is to effect change as she Activates, Inspires, and Motivates others to Aspire Higher by speaking at a variety of events for youth, women and entrepreneurs.
Tylisha is truly a ray of sunshine, and clearly practices what she preaches. Since she is helping people in so many ways, we narrowed down what she should share with Exposure Magazine readers. Considering all the press surrounding the recent suicides, we chose to discuss being happy. Dr. Johnson chooses to be happy. Yes, she does believe it is a choice and that there is a true path to finding that happiness. When happiness becomes a choice, one must understand it will require an exchange. Choice involves letting something go. You must choose to let go of sadness, despair, disappointment or negativity to allow the exchange for happiness. These are sometimes hard choices, but they do have to be made consciously. One must CHOOSE to be happy.
Tylisha has formed an acronym for the word happy to describe how one gets to that happy space.
- H is for highly engaged. To become truly happy one must be present, engaged, and engrossed in the moment. Technology creates challenges for people today. You, your friends, and family deserve to have you present with them and not distracted, and genuinely creating connections and memories.
- A is Attitude of gratitude. If you are not grateful for your blessings and bounty, true happiness will likely elude you.
- P is for purposeful. Committing to live out your purpose will increase your happiness. Your aim should be to intentionally work towards that purpose. When you walk in your purpose, you will collide with your destiny. Your talents and skills will reveal your true purpose.
- The second P is for passionate. Passionate is sometimes an overused word but is truly significant. The passion to fulfill your purpose is what will keep you from throwing in the towel when times are tough. The passionate pursuit of your purpose is an expression of your happiness.
- Y is for Yes. Say yes to YOU! Schedule time for yourself. Give yourself the quiet time for reflection, meditations, reading, and focusing on nothing but what matters to you. Set boundaries and allow no one to interrupt this “you time”. Love yourself enough to be happy!
Choosing happy will be much easier if you are affirming that happiness is your desire. Dr. Tylisha Johnson offers great support on this and many other topics in self-discovery via her website at transcendinghorizonsent.com. Let happiness be your choice today!